Status messagePlease login or register to post or upload photos.
Share this with friends:
Connect with Diana Mireles
, I now do community work. I have been been a quality engineer for more than 20 years.
In 2019 I did the following community work:
- Organized to win an outdoor fitness center for Blackhawk Park through a participatory budget competition.
- Pressed to get a brand-new basketball court. I then recruited through the Northwest Side Housing Center the $5k Hoops-in-the-Hood basketball program to come into Blackhawk Park.
- Raised funds from local businesses and individual donors to get sports equipment for Blackhawk Park.
- Introduced the District Coordinating Police Officers to Lloyd Elementary School, Emanuel Church, Blackhawk Park, and various block clubs within the Belmont Cragin community. Through that, Police Officers have volunteered to work alongside community members to man the food banks and engage in basketball and softball with neighborhood youths.
- Had $500 in arts materials donated to the North Lawler Ave Block Club for underserved youth.
- Worked with Vanessa Valentine to organize a great block club party in which Play Streets participated.
In 2018 for the 36th Ward participatory budget, I worked to put on the ballot three projects for Blackhawk Park. I then campaigned to win the votes for these projects. All three projects won and were awarded a total of $250k funding.
Skills I’m offering: Organizing, managing, campaigning, fund-raising, promoting community-serving programs.
Needs I have: I need someone who can do some of the following. Read and write emails. Drive me to a meeting we’re both going to and be a human guide (I’m blind). Do online secretarial work. Translate at a Spanish-speaking meeting.